Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lynn and Her Daisies

When I saw this fashion by Ina Murphey of La Petite Fashion Promenade, I immediately thought of daisies, and then I immediately thought of my dear Aunt Lynn (because daisies were her favorite flower.) I am a sentimental doll collector, which is perhaps the worst kind of doll collector. LOL

I was very impressed with the beautiful design of this ensemble, and the workmanship is top notch. Beautiful construction and attention to detail. Had to get some daisy beads and make my doll a pair of earrings and a necklace to go with the dress (although a lovely matching green pair did come with the dress.)

My Aunt Lynn was a beautiful woman--inside and out. She was a courageous spirit and suffered with rheumatoid arthritis for many years. Despite the horrible pain that she was always in, she always seemed to wear a smile. She had a bubbly infectious laugh and you couldn't help but love her. Whenever I see a daisy I think of her. I've named this beautiful Tonner Metrodolls Shauna, Lynn, in my Aunt's honor. Aunt Lynn has sandy blonde hair too.

Missing you so much, Aunt Lynn. Looking forward to seeing you again one day. Will meet you on the beach most likely---along the Crystal Sea.













No comments:

Post a Comment